SGI Provides Imaging Services for Hard Rock Mining
Heap Leach Pile Raffinate Mapping
Exploration - Sterilization
Ore Body Delineation
Void Detection – Natural and Mine Voids
Stolar Global Imaging’s Radio Geophysics technologies provide multiple applications in the industry of Metal / Non-Metal Mining, including ore body delineation and void space detection.
- Generates images of the geology between adjacent drillholes; better detecting areas of mineralization or high geological change.
- RIM instruments send radio waves through the rock, reacting to geologic layering, composition, mineralization, structure and void-spaces
- Applicable to most geological or geotechnical imaging in hardrock and metalliferous mining
- Provide 2-D and 3-D conductivity mapping of heap leach piles/pads to identify areas abnormal porosity/permeability; correlate to zones of abnormal concentrations of solution (channeling or shadowing).
- Identify areas within a rock pile/pad/dam that should be investigated to understand/reduce the risk of Slope Failure.
- Can improve resource evaluation and mine planning by: imaging between exploration boreholes, better delineating structure; navigating around areas of geologic anomaly or mining hazard
- Recently RIM surveys have added value to exploration drilling by imaging ahead of mining.